I found this image of Paula Scher's 1985 Swatch Watch poster ad particularly interesting because it looked familiar to Herbert Matter's 1934 Swiss Tourism poster. This is a perfect example of a "remixed" graphic design concept. In case you don't know what a remix is, it means it's alternative version of the original. I believe it's a new term that's used better to describe that act rather then the harsh counterpart, copy or stealing. I just learned it myself and I'm sure if you search something alone the lines of remix graphic design something will pop up. I thought everything was closely copied to be similar, but upon looking closely I've notice that the only thing that changes is the color, the model, the words, and the Swatch Watch company logo is added. Also, the watch ad seems to be a bit cropped. Other then that, the background and skiers is the same, as well as, the position of elements . ♣ Michael
No comments:
Post a Comment